Verify US Shipping Address
This feature helps Sellers confirm if there is a problem with the US shipping address through the Smartystreets tool, thereby reducing the rate of returns, shipping to the wrong address, etc.
After updating the order, the system will automatically verify if the address is valid or not. Verification of this address will take up to 1 minute. After that, the order address will be assigned one of the following states: Verifying, US invalid, US valid, US valid buyer confirmed, Others.
This feature has the default section in Settings as ‘Enable’.
You use the Address Status filter to filter the address status of the orders:
- All – All orders.
- Verification – The order address is being verified.
- US Valid: The US address is validated and the order is ready for the next steps. (Example push to fulfill system to fulfill automatically)
- US Invalid: The confirmed US address is invalid due to one of the following reasons:
- The address lacks details. (Example number of floors, number of rooms, etc.)
- The address is uninhabited.
- The address has been bombed.
- The address is wrong, the address does not exist.
→ To know the exact reason why the address is not valid, click on the order you want to check, the information will be recorded in the ‘Buyer Detail’ box in each order.
→ If your store is Auto Fulfill, your order will be held and not pushed to the fulfill system. You should contact Buyers again to confirm the address, if you are sure the address is correct then press ‘Mark as Valid’ for the fulfillment system to receive your order.
- US Valid Buyers Confirmed – Orders with an invalid address but Seller has confirmed with Buyer to be the correct address, and Sellers presses ‘Mark as Valid’ to consider it as a correct address and move on to the next steps, For example push to fulfill system to fulfill further.
- Other – Orders that do not have an address in the US are not supported to check the address. The system will automatically fulfill these orders.
→ Note, this is just a tool to support Sellers by using Smartystreets tool, the responsibility of checking the address is still the Seller’s. Merchize is not responsible if the tool has checked the correct address but the order still has problems related to the address.
→ You can easily install this feature in the Fulfilment section at Setting.
The following cases will still be pushed through the Fulfill system normally if Sellers confirms the address is correct and ticks the corresponding boxes:
- Andress is missing secondary info – Missing address details like floor number, house number, etc.
- Address is vacant – Address has been bombed.
- Address is inactive – The address is uninhabited.
You can turn off this feature if you do not want to determine the address in the US.